Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bitten By Deceit is deceitfully romantic, sexy and exciting.

Overall: ★★★★☆ (3.5)

Shawntelle Madison creates a quick, action packed story that leaves you wanting more. And more of the characters. It is sexy, well written and very exciting. I recommend this for shifter fans everywhere who want a quick read. I love the way the story is set up, the romance between the characters and the strong action, but what I am missing is some character development, a little bit of background and a prequel!

Find it on Amazon for only .99 cents! What a steal!

Originality: ★★★★

Bewitched almost zombie-like shifters. You have my attention. This is original, smart, fast paced and very eye catching.  Shifters have been done and done and done again but I  keep coming back to them. Because being a shifter is only part of the story. The story goes much deeper than that, and when it is a power struggle with romance and sexual tension, well that gets me going.

Character Development: ★★★

This was the part that was lacking the most for me. I felt like I came in at the 2nd book. So I looked for the first, and I couldn't find it everywhere. I needed that first book to get to know the already established characters. I felt like connections and things were a bit out of place, so I couldn't always understand them. Or sympathize with them. But there were parts were I could, so I felt like Madison did a good job at it. Hence the 3 stars. 

Editing:★★★

Professionally done. 

The Romance:  

These two definitely have chemistry. It was well written and I could feel it in my bones. I wanted to see it blossom and develop further. I wanted to know what was going to happen to them. And I wanted to read what had happened that made them fall in love in the first place. 

Veronica Hardy is a professional editor and author who enjoys writing reviews in her spare time, for fun. She is not compensated by authors, publishers or online retail markets for her opinions. If you are interested in a book review or editing services please email her at Veronica.R.Hardy@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment