Friday, October 18, 2013

I'm Choosing Chase and You Should Too!

 Saturday Smut.



Overall: ★★★★☆


I really enjoyed this sweet romance with a little bit of spice. But I am also an advocate for Authors being recognized and paid appropriately for their work. I think this book is worth at least 2.99 and at 1.99 Choosing Chase is a steal.



Blurb:

Just when Tess — widowed, pushing forty and carrying a few extra pounds — becomes resigned to her nonexistent sex life, her hunky young landlord makes his interest known. Tess would give anything to take Chase up on his offer for a one-night stand, but she’s afraid of ruining their friendship. She has a choice to make – one mind-blowing night with Chase or a lifetime of wondering ‘what if’.

Chase has wanted Tess for the last two years. Hell, he is head-over-heels in love with her, but he's almost a decade younger and she doesn’t take him seriously. Chase is livid when he assumes someone else has been fulfilling Tess’s needs. He wants her to see him as more than just a friend, even if it means playing down-and-dirty to prove it. But just how far will Chase go to win Tess’s heart forever?

He's a hunky yet misunderstood alpha male hero. She's a beautiful independent but gun-shy heroine. This book’s spicy sex scenes include toys, masturbation, dirty talk and lots more — all in the name of love.


Originality: ★★★★

Julie Raust manages to keep a familiar theme refreshing and engaging while she crafts a tail around a saucy BBW Cougar (I hate that word, but it applies).



Character Development/Plot: ★★★★☆
I like Tess. I want to sympathize with her. I think she is a dynamic person.  And I enjoy Chase as a character. He has a lot of complexity, is what I think more readers are looking for in a hero of a story.

There are points where the plot is predictable, but not unrealistic. I think for a short it has a pretty well developed plot but certain points could be a little better illustrated (pastry scene). Overall I give it a good, teetering on great rating.

Appearance and Editing:★★★★★

Book Cover is good, I wish a woman was in it as well, but that is a personal preference rather than a critique.



The Romance/The Sex: ★★★★☆

I felt like the author really got this. She had the right amount of development for the perfect level of romance at just the right times. The steamy parts were... Squee. Just Squee.  I felt empowered through Tess. It left me feeling more than satisfied.

(Can I just say that my poor husband has to deal with me reading romances all the time... poor guy ;). )



Please, go buy this book. Support us indie authors. And while you are at it, check out my other reviews!




Veronica Hardy is a professional editor and author who enjoys writing reviews in her spare time, for fun. She is not compensated by authors, publishers or online retail markets for her opinions. If you are interested in a book review or editing services please email her at Veronica.R.Hardy@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment