Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Review: In Love with Accidentally in Love with a God

Overall: ★★★
Accidentally In Love... With a God has a good deal of humor, is well written and has sparked an interest in all things Mythical. 


Twenty-two-year-old Emma Keane has a secret friend. He’s powerful, mysterious, and devastatingly handsome. In her dreams, anyway. 

In real life, he’s an enigma. Maybe just a teensie jealous. Definitely overbearing. He’s also a voice only she can hear.

So who or what is he? He won’t say. But if she wants to be free, to be normal, Emma will have to trek to the jungles once ruled by the Mayans and find the forgotten ruin holding the answers.

However, the ruthless deity she’s about to unknowingly unleash on the modern world might not be so easily extracted from her life. Bottom line, he’s got enemies, and now, so does she.

Originality: ★★★★

I love the idea of delving into mythology and turning it on its head. It draws me in like nothing else. As a result, you see things that are amazing and things that are... less so. This is one of those works that turned out really well. It was just a hare shy of being compelling, hence the 4 stars.

Character Development/Plot: ★★★★

Guy is one of those people that you either love, or he rubs you the wrong way. This can be a bit problematic, because without liking him, you can be turned off on the book. I happen to be one of those people who likes a character like Guy. I can see where others may get tired of him, or give up on the book, but not me.

Emma has a bit more gusto than many women I have read. She has a clear personality, and I really like that about her. I really want to see where her character develops over the next books.

Appearance and Editing:★★★

Professional. The cover could be a bit more high quality, but it is really good. I would buy this on a whim as a reader.

The Romance/The Sex: 

I like romances that are tugging matches back and forth, and this is one such book. I like the internal dialogue and the tension between the two characters. There is a lot of it. I wanted to know more, I found myself turning the pages to find out how they develop together. How their romance builds. Positively delicious. 

Veronica Hardy is a professional editor and author who enjoys writing reviews in her spare time, for fun. She is not compensated by authors, publishers or online retail markets for her opinions. If you are interested in a book review or editing services please email her at Veronica.R.Hardy@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment