Thursday, May 16, 2013

Update: On Writing Longer Works and Writer's Block

So I got the bug... Writer's block *ugh*. It made life miserable and no matter what I tried, writing free form, poetry, outlining, meditation, prayer to the great Ganesh, nothing worked.

So I did something that helped. I embraced it. I weeded my garden and I hung out with friends and I just stopped and let it take me over. I gave my really dirty Australian Shepherd Dog a bath in my shower for the spring and I made batches of food and I just left writing alone. For days. It was hard, and I wanted to sit down and pound out verse after verse but I knew nothing would work.

And today I am brimming with creative ideas. I am outlining and thinking and reviewing. I want to read outside and enjoy the sun and the warmth. I am back on track and loving it.

Updates:

I am looking at two Novellas at the moment (works between 10 and 20 thousand words). So things are a bit slower in coming down the line.

Please, take a look at my latest short stories, especially Touchable Darkness: Demon Breeding, which I had a lot of fun with and is available on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles and Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment